We love our Gentle, Sweet Honey Bees!
We love our Gentle, Sweet Honey Bees!
Honey BBQ Country Ribs by Alan Amati
Our friend, Master Chef Alan Amati, shared his wonderful recipe for our Honey BBQ Sauce and Ribs. This is great!!
2 lbs. Boneless country style pork ribs
A few drops of liquid smoke to taste
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. tsp. smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsps. yellow mustard
1 cup Frank’s Sticky Honey BBQ sauce
1/3 cup Sweet Cyndee’s Bees honey
4 tbsps. unsalted butter
Prepare the rib meat by patting them dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper to make a rub for the pork. Or use your favorite pork rub. Add some liquid smoke seasoning directly to the ribs as desired. Spread the mustard over the ribs to act as a base for the rub. Then generously sprinkle the rub on the ribs to coat all sides of the ribs.
Place the ribs on a wire rack over a foil lined sheet pan. Bake for 2 hours in a 300-degree oven.
After 2 hours remove the ribs. Drizzle the honey on the foil at the bottom of the sheet pan. Add the butter in small pieces across the surface of the foil. Then add the BBQ sauce to the foil. Place the ribs on the foil and turn them several times to coat them with the honey and BBQ mixture. The return the sheet pan with the ribs to the oven and finish for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
HONEY BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TORTILLA CRUSTED LAVENDER HONEY SALMON. by Eric Burger.
Our friend, Master Chef Eric Burger, shared his wonderful recipe for our Honey and Salmon. Wow, is this good!
1) 2 to 3 lb. Salmon filet, skin on.
2) 2 tbs. Sweet Cyndee's Bees Lavender infused honey
3) tri-color tortilla strips, 3.5 oz.
4) 2 tsp. Smoked paprika
5) 2 tsp. Black pepper
6) 2 tsp. Salt
HOW TO COOK:
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Put about 2 ounces tortilla strips in a baggie and smash up into smaller bits.
3) Place salmon skin side down on a foil lined baking sheet.
4) Combine salt, pepper, and paprika and rub all-over the salmon.
5) With a basting brush, paint the salmon with the honey. This honey is nice and thick, so slather it on!
6) sprinkle with tortilla bits and lightly press them into the honey coating.
7) Bake on center rack until fish flakes easily with a fork, approximately 22-25 minutes.
8) Serve with spatula, ensuring skin stays on the foil.
Tortilla Crusted Lavender Honey Salmon
Delicious! These Bourbon Honey Steak Tips have all of the wonderful flavor of Bourbon caramelized and blended with Honey to make these tips, simply delicious!
1. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. If using Top Blade Roast, make sure to cut away and discard the thick membrane that runs through the middle of the roast.
2. Combine Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup honey, and ½ cup bourbon in a bowl or zip top bag. Add the steak tips and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
3. Heat a heavy based or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Spray with a little oil.
4. Drain the excess marinade from steak tips and discard.
5. Place steak tips in the hot skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes until color develops.
6. Mix remaining bourbon and honey in a small bowl, then pour over steak tips to glaze. Continue cooking until glaze has caramelized and darkened to a rich brown color. The tips should have enough salt from the soy sauce, but you can taste them at this stage and add more salt if needed.
7. Remove from heat, allowing 2-3 minutes to cool, then serve.
This recipe was slightly ‘adjusted’ from Jess Pryles excellent Honey-Bourbon Recipe at https://jesspryles.com/recipe/honey-bourbon-glazed-steak-tips/ Enjoy!
Salmon is always wonderful with the addition of our Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey glaze. The Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey brings its special sweet and smoky flavor accent to salmon.
· 1/3 cup Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey
· 1/4 c. soy sauce
· 2 tbsp. lemon juice
· 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
· 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
· 4 6-oz. salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
In a medium bowl, whisk together Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper.
Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
Garnish with sliced lemon and serve.
Simple, easy way to spice up your grilled salmon.
Make sure your grill is a hot 500 degrees!
Grill Salmon Filets skin side down for 6-8 minutes, the fish should release from the grill after about 6 minutes.
Before flipping, baste the surface with our Frank's Sticky Sweet Honey Barbeque Sauce.
No reason to put it on heavy, a simple brushing gives the salmon a wonderful BBQ Glaze.
Flip once for 2-4 minutes and serve to your guests.
Recipe brought to you by Master Chef Sidney Roth.
25 Middletree Lane, Hawthorn Woods, Il 60047
Copyright © 2019 Honey with Style & Sweet Cyndees Bees - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy